Friday, August 22, 2008

Rock Revival's Classic Albums (1976) Johnny Winter Captured Live

The image “http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/18/Captured_live.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

I cant believe I havent featured this album before, one of the classics of my teens and one of the most explosive live albums ever.

Johnny was in his rock and roll phase, applying his furious slide to John Lennon's 'Rock and Roll People, 'Bony Maronie' and Dylan's 'Highway 61 Revisited'

He plays full-pelt for the whole album, except for a magical 12 minute 'Sweet Papa John', pure crude blues ('they call me Sweet Papa John, dripping honey right to your door)

For me Johnny will always be the king of the white-boy-blues: Eric Clapton, yeah o.k., brilliant even at times (eg: EC Was Here), Rory Gallagher, even better and better again live (Live in Europe, Irish Tour), but Johnny Winter played it hard and fast every time

Here's a taste

No comments: