Sunday, April 6, 2008

The World Has Gone Mad !! Mariah Carey Overtakes Elvis in Most #1 Singles

Image:Emc2cover.jpg
Image:Elvispresleydebutalbum.jpeg
Oh God, it seems Mariah Carey, "The Queen of Pop" has overtaken Elvis in the Most #1 singles stakes according to Billboard, with her 18th #1 single Touch My Body.

It's a pretty sad state of affairs when only the Beatles can beat this singing budgie, and only by 2 singles.

"For me, in my mind the accomplishment is just that much sweeter," she said. "In terms of my ethnicity, always feeling like an outsider, always feeling different ... for me it's about saying, 'Thank you Lord, for giving me the faith to believe in myself when other people had written me off"

1 The Beatles 20
2 Mariah Carey 18
3 Elvis Presley 17
4 Michael Jackson13
5 Madonna 12
6 The Supremes 12
7 Whitney Houston 11
8 Stevie Wonder 10
9 Janet Jackson 10
10 Bee Gees 9

Image: Courtesy RCA/Island

No comments: