Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Joe Cocker To Release New Album 'Hymn For My Soul' May 13 2008

http://3.music.bigpond-images.com/images/AlbumCoverArt/448/XXL/Hymn-4-My-Soul.jpg

Joe Cocker might actually redeem himself on his new album, Hymn for My Soul, to be released May 13.

His guests include Rufus Wainwright, Emmylou Harris, Ryan Adams, Razorlight, Kings of Leon, and Ray LaMontagne, proving that he may have gotten back in touch with the taste he showed in the early 70's, before 'You Can Keep Your Hat On" and whats come since

The musicians he has asssembled are pretty impressive too;

- Jim Keltner (drummer who has played with John Lennon and Bob Dylan)
- Benmont Tench, pianist with Tom Petty
- Dave Palmer, keyboars with Jethro Tull
- Bob Babbitt, bassist, member of Motown Records' studio band The Funk Brothers
- Mike Finnigan, Hammond organ (played with Hendrix on Electric Ladyland).

Covers include:

- Bob Dylan track (Ring Them Bells)
- Stevie Wonder (You Haven't Done Nothin)
- George Harrison (Beware Of Darkness)
- John Fogerty's (Long As I Can See The Light).
- Solomon Burke (Don't Give Up On Me)
- Beatles (Come Together)

"I can hardly begin to tell you how good I think Hymn For My Soul is. Let's just say it's the most emotional and even spiritual project I've worked on in a long while."

Joe will be on tour to support the album in the US May to August

Image: Courtesy EMI

No comments: