Sunday, March 2, 2008

Anywhere I Lay My Head: Scarlett Johnansson Records Album of Tom Waits Covers


Screen beauty Scarlet Johansson has made the unusual move of making a cover album of Tom Waits songs.

The ten tracks feature church organ, horns and drum machines, Yeah Yeah Yeah's guitarist and guest vocals from none other than David Bowie.

Unlike Paris Hilton it seems the movie star can actually sing. Apparently Tom Waits has heard the tracks and approves with Scarlett's vocals which is said to resemble Debby Harry

Waits: 'More power to her. I don't know if I'm excited to hear it, but I'm curious. People make songs so that somebody else will hear them and want to do them. I guess it's an indication that the songs aren't so ultra-personal that they can't possibly be interpreted by anyone else."

Johansson is also said to be playing Courteny Love in a film on the life of Grunge legend Kurt Cobain.

It will be released by Rhino Records in May 2008.

No comments: