Saturday, February 23, 2008

Keith Richards Gives Amy Winehouse Advice ?


Recently Keef sent a warning through the press to Amy Winehouse of rehab fame, stating that she should be careful or she will end up looking like him when she gets older.

Now there's a thought !

This from the man who told the NME is 2007

'My father. I snorted my father. He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn't have cared, he didn't give a shit. It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive'

Mick Jagger also opened up about drugs, stating that they knew so little about the effects back in the 70's (hmmmm... death of Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendric, etc) and there were no rehab centres to go to.

Andrew Oldham, 60's manager of the Stones commented “But we were lucky in the Sixties and we studied what we were doing and we took our drugs incrementally, starting with the harmless stuff. When it interfered with work, we said goodbye.' (er.... Bob Hite, Tommy Bolin, Mike Bloomfield)

Source: NME, Ultimate Guitar

Image: Courtesy Atlantic

1 comment:

Bar L. said...

Well if anything would scare me off drugs it would be the thought of looking like Keith! Love the guy but.....

:)