Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Little Richard- Rip It Up: Remastered Due 12 May 2008


Little Richard has many claims to fame, mixing boogie-woogie, rhythm and blues and gospel music to create a new kind of music in the 50's. He was also a renowned wild man on stage, shouting and screaming to a funky backbeat, serving as a precursor to James Brown and his funky people.

Anotherless obvious contribution is Little Richard as the first glam star; his drag-queen look was pretty novel (despite being a born again !), a precursor to the glam explosion of the 70's.

12 May 2008 heralds the release of Little Richard - Rip It Up! (2 CD), a beautifully remastered collection of all the classic Little Richard tracks plus some rarities and alternate versions.

Rex Recordings have gone to town with the quality on this one

Get it at Spin Cd's

Tracklisting

Taxi Blues Every Hour Get Rich Quick Thinkin’ ‘Bout My Mother Ain’t Nothin’ Happenin’ Why Did You Leave Me? I Brought It All On Myself Please Have Mercy On Me Fool At The Wheel Ain’t That Good News? Always Rice, Red Beans and Turnip Greens Tutti Frutti I’m Just A Lonely Guy Little Richard’s Boogie Directly From My Heart To You Long Tall Sally Slippin’ And Slidin’ (Peepin’ And Hidin’) Rip It Up Ready Teddy Heeby-Jeebies She’s Got It The Girl Can’t Help It All Around The World Lucille Send Me Some Lovin’ The Girl Can’t Help It (Movie version) Jenny Jenny Miss Ann Maybe I’m Right I Love My Baby Keep A-Knockin’ Can’t Believe You Wanna Leave Good Golly, Miss Molly Hey-Hey-Hey-Hey Ooh! My Soul True Fine Mama Baby Face By The Light Of The Silvery Moon Wonderin’ Kansas City Lonesome and Blue Shake A Hand All Night Long Maybe I’m Right I Got It Baby The Most I Can Offer Directly From My Heart Chicken Little Baby Oh Why? Kansas City/Hey-Hey-Hey-Hey (medley) She’s My Star (accapella demo) Hound Dog (rehearsal) Good Golly, Miss Molly (fast version)

Image: Courtesy Specialty

No comments: